Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

In love with Colour.



I have been dyeing new silk carrier rods which are thicker and firmer than the old ones I had. I get them from Dale and they take dye really well. Now that they are not so labour intensive I have decided that I really should start using them, so have a look back over the next week or so.
A note to self- silver or grey when mixed with red just makes PINK! You would think I would know this but last night I managed to felt a bag using Poppy and instead of keeping the silver separate from the red, I just blended them all so well- I NOW HAVE PINK!!!!!
Nadine and her husband Mark attempted to cheer me with the words- (pause) ......it is a lovely pink......
I'm not proud, I'll take a pic and put it up, just have to finish banging my head in the door.

2 comments:

  1. Jacinta, these colours are just beautiful. No wonder you are in love with colour. Now, as to the PINK, it probably is a very lovely shade of PINK, and what is wrong with PINK.......LOL... I am betting you won't make that mix again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those carrier rods are gorgeous. Are you sending them ack to Dale? I am sure you will find someone who wants to buy your pink - won't you? Cheers, Robin

    ReplyDelete