Pages

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Work in Progress.


Stitching a silk edge on. I'll trim the excess off and leave it to fray.


I collect oyster shell buttons. About time I used some.

Pieces of hand dyed crochet doily chopped and couched down.


It's lovely to stitch through.


Thought I should put up some photos of works in progress. The grey cuff has been on the go for a year. I was trying to felt a bracelet but made it too large. So, it hung around for ages, going to be a felt book. But then, I relised it had a second life as a base for stitching and embellishment. The colours I have used are all Stonehaven. Which reminds me, in the mail today came Ironbark, Warrandyte and Middle Earth. New Rayon machine embroidery threads from The Thread Studio. Sorry no pics yet but hopefully.....

2 comments:

  1. Jacinta I am a MOP button freak as well. What an excellent way to use them and the old lace. Love the colour scheme, good neutral and let the texture do the work. I'll be watching this with interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! Hoping to get it done while watching my daughter at the pool. Still thinking about closures...

    ReplyDelete